.

.

Friday, May 1, 2015

12 months



   Exactly a year ago today, we kissed our sweet precious only child goodbye and headed to the hospital. We knew what to expect this time so we weren't too nervous, but we had never been so anxious in our lives to know if we were having a BOY or a GIRL. When I checked into the hospital the ladies could NOT believe that we were waiting to find out the gender. One lady even called my room that afternoon to hear the news. The minute they started to pull him out they all were saying WOW LOOK AT THAT HAIR. Tanner and I just looked at each other thinking oh crap its another girl : ). I started asking what it was but they said they didn't have it all the way out yet. As soon as they said the word BOY our hearts melted and we were in heaven. From that moment on he became the surprise baby with a LOT of hair. The nurses brought others in to see his baby Mohawk for days. From that day on our lives became complete. Watching Palmer love, snuggle, torture, and torture some more on our sweet Jack Gordon has become our favorite pastime and gotten us through the last terrible months. I am so thankful that God chose me to be their mommy.
  I wish that I didn't feel this way, but I feel like we have been so sad and in such a funk lately that we have missed out on half a Jack's life. All of this new transitioning and running around has kept me from just getting to sit and snuggle as often as I would like to have. Then there is this whole birthday party ordeal. I am having to settle for a small family picnic instead of a big huge birthday production that Palmer was given. Without Boogie I just couldn't get it all together and honestly didn't even want to try with everything going on. I think a simple party will be perfect and Boogie would be so proud of my simple décor.

  I wouldn't say that we were prepared for what we are going through right now, but very blessed to have these adorable and healthy babies to keep us going when the going gets rough.
Happy Birthday Baby Jack! Thank you for making our world a brighter place.










No comments:

Post a Comment