1. Never take a full nights sleep or a lazy day doing absolutely nothing for granted.
2. A true friend is someone who thinks about others even when their own world is falling apart or super chaotic.
3. Never, ever, ever get pregnant during wedding season or the excruciatingly hot summer months of July and August.
4. Always remember that no matter how bad you think your situation may be, someone else's is always a million times worse.
5. A simple courteous smile can go a very long way.
6. Don't waste your time worrying about other people's problems. At the end of the day it is their problem and their decision and all you can do is be supportive.
7. Next time, get pregnant with a friend. It would be much easier to justify eating a whole watermelon if you had a friend doing the same thing with you.
8. Never say "I'm not doing this or that" when it comes to having a baby even when you really really think you will not do it. After the baby comes you will do whatever the heck you can for sleep, silence, or survival!
9. There is no greater feeling than holding your very own child. Even if she is covered in poop, spitting up like the Exorcist, or screaming bloody murder she is still perfect and I can't get enough of her.
10. I now know how it feels to actually be pooped on and it really didn't even bother me. : )
11. The sweetest thing on earth is watching your husband and your child together.
12. No matter what goes down in 6th grade hell, I can always count on a smile the minute I walk through my door.
13. Times goes by much faster after the baby is born than while pregnant!
14. Being a stay at home mom (only for 9 weeks) is harder than any job I have ever had or anything else I have ever done.
15. Don't complain about the way someone does something when they are helping you out. Any way is better than no way.
16. Even a simple trip to the grocery store is no longer a simple task esp. when strangers feel the need to touch your baby with their nasty hands that you have no idea where they have been.
17. Just when you think you know someone, you realize you really don't know them at all.
18. You learn very quickly that everyone in the WORLD thinks that they know your baby and they are not scared to tell you anything and everything that she feels or needs.
19. Being a mom is hard, crazy busy, amazing, and the most rewarding job in the whole wide world.
20. The power of miracles and prayer are unstoppable. Sweet Annabelle proved that for us all this year.
21. Do everything you possibly can during nap time.
22. Sleep is totally overrated.
23. A bubble bath and a big glass of wine is my new idea of an awesome night.
24. Last but not least, family and true friends are everything. I am more blessed than I ever imagined I could be and I couldn't ask for more.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment