.

.

Thursday, May 1, 2014

The biggest surprise of our lives

   Last Thursday we headed to the hospital with a diaper bag full of white clothes, a few pink gowns, and one blue outfit. I didn't want to jinx myself and buy lots of blue just in case it was a waste. The anxiety and excitement of not knowing what we would be holding in a few hours was killing us both. I think Tanner was more nervous this time simply because he didn't know what we were having. I have said from the get go it was a boy just because I wanted one so badly. However, I figured it was another little princess.

Everyone got to pick a team.. some had a 
hard time deciding and wanted to wear both.

Big Sister was ready for pink or blue

Last big belly shot... wearing the same shirt I wore to hospital with P

Lets do this!!!

     So we were scheduled for 12 o'clock but the doctor was running behind so we had to wait even LONGER! I was so ready and starting to get nervous about the surgery. Finally he walked in and it was time to get started. They took us back a little after 1. As Tanner and I are patiently waiting and waiting for them to pull this baby out all of the sudden they start talking about hair and lots of it. I immediately begin to think well obviously it's a girl with all that freaking hair. Then I heard a big scream and more talk about the HAIR. I asked What is it and they said they didn't have it all the way out yet. I looked at Tanner and all of the sudden doctor wortham said it's a big baby....... BOY!!! My heart filled with joy before I ever laid eyes on him. You can not imagine how that moment felt. Every single day of not knowing was all worth it in one single second. IF there is ever another baby Wakefield, I definitely will not find out.
Lets GO!

Getting ready for surgery!

Waiting!!



     After the shakes calmed down and I could actually hold baby Jack, Tanner brought Palmer in to meet him. Everyone already knew that we were going to let her tell so when Tanner went to get her he didn't even make eye contact with anyone. He knew his face would give it away. When she walked in she was very apprehensive. She looked at me and then at the baby. I told her what it was and she smiled just a little. Then Tanner picked her up so she could check him out. She sad he has a lot of hair and a cute little nose. : )
First picture with baby brother!!


   While Tanner took Palmer out to tell the big news, I quickly called Anna Laura to fill her in on the news. She insisted that no one else could tell her and she did not want to see it on fb. It was a quick call but I could hear the excitement in her voice. We were both upset about her not being here but I think we talked enough that day to make it seem like she was there. It sucks having a best friend so FAR away. After several failed FaceTime attempts, we finally downloaded skype and they were able to meet my sweet boy. I can't wait for the Burkharts to officially meet baby jack! 
   The rest of the afternoon consisted on the family just oooing and ahhing over our sweet boy. Palmer even got some special loving too. KK brought GiGi's cupcakes and Palmer had her own special one. She also got presents from her new brother that we left in the car. It turned out okay because she was very occupied with all her favorite people the entire time she was at the hospital.        


Chilling with Daddy

Mommy and son selfie


Gigi's cupcakes

Proud Aunt

HUH is in love!

Ahhh

Slept through his first bath



While the nurses were all chatting about Jack's hair they were giving him his first bath. They were laughing about his hairstyles and they all said MOHAWK!


                  
  Tanner and I had a nice quiet night at the hospital that night. When everyone left he told me that all along he really wanted a boy but didn't want to jinx us : )

Goodnight sweet boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment