.

.

Monday, September 19, 2011

1 Month, Sardis, Friends, and SLEEP!

     Thursday night I left MP with her Daddy and Boogie and headed out to a much needed girls night. We went to the Square Strokes Paint Party on the square and had a blast. I am no artist but I am pretty impressed with my painting. Everyone did an awesome job and it was a lot of fun. I can't wait to do it again.

     Friday we loaded up the entire house again and headed back to Sardis. Hunting season starts soon so this was our last chance to get away for awhile. Friday night Whitney, Kenneth, Rae, and Allie met us at the steak house for dinner. We love getting to spend time with them and Sardis is so close to them it works out perfectly.

Rae Rae feeding MP

     Saturday morning Tanner and I went fishing while MP hung out with Mr. Karl. I haven't been fishing since before I got pregnant and I had so much fun. It was a beautiful morning and we caught a lot of fish, but only 6 keepers. I am so grateful for this time with Tanner. MP had a blast with Mr. Karl and gave him quite a time with her stinky diapers! Luckily Jena stopped by and was glad to help out. Mr. Karl loved every minute with his sweet girl and can't wait to keep her again. When we got home Kerry Ann said Mr. Karl came in smiling from ear to ear as he told her and Mrs. Nancy about his weekend. MP is so lucky to have two wonderful granddads who worship her every move... Even the stinky ones! Later on we went over to Will and Jena's to cookout and watch football. All of the Sardis babies were there and we had a great time playing with them. Next summer we are going to have our hands full with all of them running around. I can't wait!




Aubrey Rose is such a cutie!

Sardis Babies

Of course Sonni is smiling and MP is screaming!

Momma's sweet girl

Friday MP was 1 month old. Once again, she wasn't a huge fan of the camera.
More pics to come later if she decides to cooperate.


She loves the screen porch at the lake!

      This weekend we discovered that MP has thrush. I would have never known because I just thought her mouth was white because of the formula. Thank goodness Aunt Whitney pointed it out to us. Jena alreadyy had the medicine so we started it last night and hopefully we won't have to see the doctor. Last night we finally got a full night's sleep (Tanner and I at least). I asked Lynn to stay the night and keep MP upstairs. My sinuses have been acting crazy and I was just worn OUT! At first I thought I wasn't going to be able to sleep, but I passed clean out. Tanner brought her to me at 7 this morning when he left for work and she has been pretty good all morning! Woo HOO!

    After thinking and debating for a week or so I have decided to extend my maternity leave. I really thought that I was ready to go back, but when I realized I only had a couple weeks left my mind changed. I am not ready to leave this sweet girl yet and I am so thankful to be able to have a few more weeks with her. I am adding two more weeks and then I will get Fall Break too which is Awesome! If you know me, you know that I LOVE my job and my students more than anything but right now I feel like this is where I need to be. Hopefully after Fall Break I will have MP sleeping upstairs and my mind back in school mode. We shall see. As for now we are going to get this thrush cleared up and start enjoying this lovely fall weather. I see lots of strolling and lunches with the girls in our future!

No comments:

Post a Comment